A new attraction for aircraft enthusiasts visiting Toulouse has now opened.
The Aeroscopia museum was developed with the support of Airbus, and is situated alongside the manufacturer’s huge assembly lines – an aviation attraction in their own right!
Attractions at the museum houses about 27 historic aircraft, including:
- The first Airbus A300B2 prototype (F-WUAB)
- An Airbus Skyling Super Guppy (2/F-BPPA)
- Sud Caravelle 12 (F-BTOE)
- BAC/Aerospatiale Concorde 201 (F-WTSB)
- BAC/Aerospatiale Concorde 209 (F-BVFC)
- Plus various light, executive and military aircraft of historic value.
Many of these aircraft featured in a previous aviation museum at Toulouse Airport, but under the new development it is arranged in a much better way. A new hangar-like structure houses many of the aircraft, whilst others are still displayed outside. There is also an aircraft restoration workshop which you can visit, and a gift shop full of aviation goodies.
Aeroscopia is open daily from 9.30am to 6pm.
You can find out more on the Aeroscopia website.