The Next Spotting Products from Airport Spotting Blog?
The second half of 2017 has been a pretty intense time from Airport Spotting Blog with three new book releases all hitting the shelves recently.
I’m sorry if you’ve felt inundated with notifications or emails asking you to buy a copy! It’s simply a matter of timing, and hopefully if the time hasn’t been right recently, you’ll consider buying a copy over coming months.
Everything we release is produced from people who know and love aviation and are themselves enthusiasts, so we’re writing and researching the kind of books we’d like to buy and think you would to.
I hope you agree and have found them interesting and useful!
With this in mind we’re starting to look ahead to the books we’ll release in 2018 as it takes time to put them together and notify our distributors and the book stores who sell and promote them.
So, as an experiment, I thought I’d ask YOU what you think should be the next in our line of spotting books and products. We already have a number of ideas, but I’d love to know which you think is the most important to your own needs and interests.
Here are some suggestions:
- Airport Spotting Guides USA – an update to our 2009 guide, with hundreds of airports, museums, tips and guides. Everything you’d need to plan and take a spotting trip to America.
- More country specific spotting guides – Spain? Germany? Scandinavia? Canada? Japan?…
- Aircraft Recognition Guide – with history, technical stats, identification guide, profile diagram.
- Airline Recognition Guide – Tail logos, brief airline history and fleet overview.
- Airline Fleet Listings – A current listing of all major airline fleets around the world with tick boxes.
- Aircraft in Old Photos – A photo collection of a particular aircraft, airline or time period.
- Other – Got a great idea for a book or resource? Let us know!
If you want to give us your opinion, either leave a comment below, or click here to quickly email us with your choice of number (or a more specific request if you wish).
(Don’t worry. You’re not committing to buying anything!)
Our existing guides and books
Our most popular spotting book by far is World Airports Spotting Guides, which is our flagship overview of spotting at hundreds of worldwide airports. We’ve had lots of positive feedback about it, and about our UK & Ireland Spotting Guide which came out last year.
As a reminder, here’s a full list of the books we offer for aviation enthusiasts:
Airport Spotting Guides
Rare & Historic Aircraft Guides
- Last Chance to Fly – Rare and Historic Airliners
- Preserved Airliners of Asia & Australasia
- Preserved Airliners of North America
Photographic & Aircraft Specific
- Concorde Timelines
- Handley Page Herald Timelines
- Lost Airline Colours of Europe Timelines
- Mumbai Airports Through Time
Could you write a book?
We’re always looking out for new authors to write books for us. Whether it is a spotting guide, photo book, history of a particular aircraft/airline/time period, all you have to do is send us a quick pitch and tell us about it and what kind of material/experience you have. We’ll then help you through the process and pay you for every copy sold!