Their first aircraft made a test flight looking resplendent in full United colours earlier this week. They should take delivery of this aircraft in September, with many more to follow.
The initial route, previously announced was between Denver and Tokyo Narita (5x weekly, starting 31 March 2013). However, United has announced that its Dreamliners will also be flying on the following routes:
– Houston to Amsterdam Schiphol. Temporary service, starting 4 December 2012.
– Houston to London Heathrow. Temporary service, starting 4 February 2013.
– Houston to Lagos, Nigeria. 5x weekly, starting 7 January 2013.
– Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita, Japan. Daily, starting 3 January 2013.
– Los Angeles to Shanghai, China. Daily, starting 30 March 2013.
If you want to be lucky enough to travel on these services, the 787 aircraft will display for sale for these routes on united.com and other distribution channels beginning Aug. 25, while Denver to Narita service is available for sale now.