Today we’re pleased to bring you a new resource and reference guide to commercial aircraft.
Flying Firsts, by well-known aviation photographer Martyn Cartledge, is a new go-to guide for anyone with an interest in the histories of all airliner types, from older generations to the latest generation aircraft like the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Airbus A350, A320neo and A330neo, as well as recent types developed in China and Russia.
What is Flying Firsts?
This new book is a glossy, colour reference guide to over 120 different airliners and their individual histories.
The book is arranged in date order, with each aircraft type detailing the different variants that were developed.
You’ll learn about the development of each type, its first flight and introduction to service, and see photographs which illustrate its shape and the airlines that operated it.
There are also handy facts and statistics boxes for each type that list important dimensions, dates, and numbers built.
Here’s a quick peek inside.
Flying Firsts includes the following:
- Inside this book you’ll find hundreds of incredible colour photographs from the impressive lens of Martyn Cartledge who has been photographing and reporting on aviation for 40 years.
- Details on the history and development of all the major airliners from around the world.
- Useful facts and statistics on each type.
- At the back there are easy reference indexes listing all types by first flight date and name, and it includes space to record your own first flights on each type by date, aircraft registration and airline.
Pre-Order for a Chance to WIN Amazing Prizes
Anyone who pre-orders this book will also be entered into a prize competition to WIN one of the following:
Prize #1 – A £100 flight gift card to use on one of over 300 airlines. Use it on your next spotting trip to Europe!
Prize #2 – A copy of Justplanes.com’s amazing Istanbul Airport video
Prize #3 – A copy of our book Concorde Timelines
Prize #4 – An Aviation Tag of your choice (subject to availability). Own a piece of a historic airliner!
An authoritative airliner reference book for every enthusiast
We’re really proud of this book and have been looking forward to today for a long time, knowing how useful it will be to aviation enthusiasts all around the world who love civil airliners.
For just £14.99 you’re getting a comprehensive guide to hundreds of airliners, including historic types and the latest developments in commercial air travel.
Martyn Cartledge is an experienced and knowledgeable aviation journalist and photographer. His work regularly appears in consumer magazines and publications around the world.
So I’m sure you’re going to love it and can’t wait for you to get your hands on your copy.
If you’re looking for a complete reference guide to the world’s greatest airliners, grab your copy direct from this link and you’ll be one of the first to receive it before the official release date on 28 June 2019.
The book will eventually be available from Amazon and specialist aviation stores. But you’ll miss out on our PRE-ORDER COMPETITION by waiting.
Terms & Conditions
1. No purchase is necessary to enter this prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to those aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 20 June 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter. Only one entry per person.
4. Receive one entry for a purchase of a copy of Flying Firsts from this link: https://destinworld.com/product/flying-firsts/
To enter for free, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address before the closing date.
5. All entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 25 June 2019. The first entry drawn will be the winner of the FlightGiftCard. The second entry drawn will be the winner of the copy of Justplanes Istanbul video. The third entry drawn will be the winner of a copy of the Concorde Timelines book. The fourth entry drawn will be the winner of an Aviation Tag.
6. The FlightGiftCard prize is for a £100 voucher to redeem against any of the member airlines. The winner is responsible for paying all additional fees, taxes and travel costs in association with using this prize.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified via email by 28 June 2019. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
9. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
10. The winners agree to their name being used to notify others of the prize draw results.
11. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms they will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
12. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
13. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is Destinworld Publishing Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees TS16 9BJ.
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.