Where Are CityJet’s Sukhoi Superjets Now?
This month CityJet suspended flying its Sukhoi SSJ Superjet aircraft for Brussels Airlines following a disappointing spell of serviceability and reliability issues which meant flights were often delayed or grounded.
CityJet has retained the contract to fly these services for Brussels Airlines, albeit now using Bombardier CRJ aircraft, which seem much more popular.
As the only airline flying the Sukhoi Superjet in Western Europe, we wondered what happened to these aircraft and where they are now?
CityJet operated seven of the aircraft in total, both on its own services (mostly charter work). Four of these aircraft were painted in full Brussels Airlines colours and based out of Brussels Airport on European services.
Following their retirement, here’s where the CityJet Superjets are located now:
- EI-FWA – Stored at Dublin, Ireland
- EI-FWB – Stored at Dublin, Ireland
- EI-FWC – Stored at Venice, Italy
- EI-FWD (Brussels Airlines) – Stored at Shannon, Ireland
- EI-FWE (Brussels Airlines) – Stored at Shannon, Ireland
- EI-FWF (Brussels Airlines) – Stored at Shannon, Ireland
- EI-FWG (Brussels Airlines) – Stored at Venice, Italy
The future for these two-year-old aircraft is uncertain. Perhaps one of the other Superjet operators will snap them up.
Did you ever fly on one of these aircraft? What was it like? Leave a comment below!