Delta Air Lines will begin operating Airbus A321SL aircraft on 1st May 2016.
Ahead of the rollout of these new aircraft to the fleet, here are the initial Delta A321 routes planned to operate this year.
- Atlanta – Orlando – Starts 1 May
- Atlanta – Fort Lauderdale – Starts 1 June
- Atlanta – Tampa – Starts 3 September
- Atlanta – Fort Myers Southwest Florida – Starts 6 November
- Atlanta – Jacksonville, FL – Starts 6 November
Delta has 45 Airbus A321s on order, for delivery between 2016 and 2019. The first aircraft, N301DN, recently emerged from the paint shop at Hamburg Finkenwerder in Germany.
All initial routes are to Florida, however the type will be used on a much wider range once the fleet develops.