Biman is the last airline in the world to operate the DC-10 in passenger service, making this a significant announcement and the last opportunity to fly on the type if you haven’t already!
I was lucky enough to take a number of United Airlines DC-10 flights, and also see the Biman examples at various airports.
I know a number of enthusiasts have been taking trips to fly on the Biman aircraft over recent years, before it’s too late.
The final flight is expected to take place on 1st December 2013. At the moment, the DC-10 is being flown on the following routes:
- Dhaka – Chittagong – Abu Dhabi (ends 1 December)
- Dhaka – Chittagong – Dubai (ends 28 November)
- Dhaka – Hong Kong (ends 29 November)
- Dhaka – Kuala Lumpur (ends 30 November)
- Dhaka – Muscat (ends 28 November)
The DC-10 is just one of the aircraft featured in Last Chance to Fly – our ebook which lists the rare and historic airliners that you can still fly, and which airlines operate them. Download your copy here: www.airportspotting.com/books/chance-fly-rare-passenger-aircraft/