Let me take this opportunity to say ‘Happy New Year’ to you all, and thanks so much for making 2014 a great year for Airport Spotting Blog.
I wondered what aviation events you are looking forward to in 2015? I have put together this list of events that you might be interested in:
- Airbus A350 enters commercial service between Doha and Frankfurt with Qatar Airways.
- First American Airlines 787 due
- First Etihad 787 due
- First Korean Air 787 due
- First Qantas 787 due
- First Scoot 787 due
- 18th-22nd – Aero India
Largest air show in India, held at Yelahanka, Bengaluru
- First Royal Air Maroc 787 due
- 19th-21st EBACE European Business Aviation Convention
Held at Geneva Airport
- First Vietnam Airlines 787 due
- 29th Final scheduled TU-154 flight in Europe – Geneva to Minsk, Belavia
- 11th-13th AviationExpo Europe
A festival of aviation. Held at Kbely Airport in the Czech Republic
- 15th-21st – Paris Air Salon
The great biannual air show and industry event where new aircraft are displayed and many airline orders are made. Takes place at Paris Le Bourget Airport.
- First PrivatAir 787 due
- 20th-26th EAA Airventure Oshkosh
The largest air show in the world returns to Wittman Regional Airport in Wisconsin
- 25th-30th MAKS Air Show
Held at Moscow Zhukovsky Airport.
- First Vietnam Airlines A350 due
- First Finnair A350 due
- First Oman Air 787 due
- 24th – Final Virgin Atlantic A340-300 flight
- First KLM 787 due
- First Transaero A380 due
- 8th-12th Dubai Air Show
Held at the new Dubai World Central airport.
- 17th-25th NBAA Business Aviation Convention
Held at Las Vegas Henderson Executive Airport
- First Saudia 787 due
Other events include the entry into service of the new Bombardier C Series airliner, which has been delayed. It is due to fly with Korean Air and Lufthansa first.
Leave a comment below if you can think of any other important aviation events or have anything that you’re looking forward to!