This month sees the launch of our latest aviation book, Sud Aviation Caravelle Timelines.
A beautiful, hardback photographic book, it tells the story of this very early jet airliner which captured the attention of the world’s airlines in the 1950s.
It went on to fly into the 2000s, with eight main variants developed to meet different airline requirements and offer upgrades to engines and aerodynamics.
In all fewer than 300 Caravelles were built, but they flew all over the world in the fleets of the world’s major airlines, as well as holiday and leisure carriers, and even converted into freighters.
Sadly none are left flying now, but many are preserved in museums around the world.
This new book showcases some of the many airlines and liveries worn by the Caravelle over the years, through the photographic collection of Matt Falcus, editor of AirportSpotting.com
Here’s a Look Inside
Sud Aviation Caravelle Timelines includes the following:
- 128 colour photographs of Caravelle aircraft.
- See Caravelles in service all around the world.
- Section on Caravelles in preservation and other uses today.
- Introduction chapters covering the development and different Caravelle variants.
- Full colour, hardback book. 128 pages.
Available for Pre-Order
Sud Aviation Caravelle Timelines by Matt Falcus is available from 28 September. It will be available from all good aviation retailers, as well as Amazon.
Anyone who pre-orders a copy here will be first in line to receive their copy. They will also be entered into a competition for one of a number of special prizes!
Order your copy of Sud Aviation Caravelle Timlines today for just £20.
What About the Prizes?!
Yes, if you pre-order here before the book is released, you have a chance of winning one of the following amazing prizes:
Prize #1 – A £100 voucher to use on over 400 different airlines. Plan your next spotting trip or family holiday, flying from your nearest airport or flying on an aircraft you’ve always wanted to try!
Prize #2 – Signed Copy. Receive a copy of your book which has been signed by the author!
Prize #3 – A rare Caravelle model. This beautiful 1/400 scale model depicts a Caravelle in Iberia livery.
A Special Offer for Airport Spotting Premium Members
As already publicised to our Premium Members, a £5 discount is available to you on this new book.
You will also be entered into the pre-order prize draw.
Anyone who has already ordered the book will also be entered into the prize draw.
If you’d like to take advantage of this benefit, why not join Airport Spotting Premium today and get lots more aviation content?
If you’re looking to add this fantastic aviation book to your collection, please pre-order today and be the first to receive it.
The successful prize winners will be notified, and receive their special prize with their copy of the book when it arrives on your doorstep soon!
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter this prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to those aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 28 September 2023. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter. Only one entry per person.
- Receive one entry for a purchase of a copy of Sud Aviation Caravelle Timelines from this link:
To enter for free, send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address before the closing date.
- All entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 1 October 2023. The first entry drawn will be the winner of the flight gift card. The second entry drawn will be the winner of a signed copy of the book. The third entry drawn will be the winner of a Caravelle model.
- The flight gift card prize is for a £100 voucher to redeem against any flight and associated costs through the Flight Gift website https://www.flightgift.com/. The winner is responsible for paying all additional fees, taxes and travel costs in association with using this prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email by 6 October 2023. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to their name being used to notify others of the prize draw results.
- By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms they will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Destinworld Publishing Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees TS16 9BJ, UK.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.