Allegiant Air is adding eight new routes from Punta Gorda airport in Florida from October.
“Adding these additional cities opens up an opportunity to visit Southwest Florida. It also enables our community additional options to fly to their hometowns,” stated James Herston, Charlotte County Airport Authority Chair. He continued, “the additional based aircraft and crews create a significant economic impact in our community.”
The routes are:
- Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PA from October 31
- Asheville, NC from November 2
- Bangor, ME from October 30
- Cedar Rapids, IA from December 18
- Des Moines, IA from December 19
- Moline/Quad Cities, IL from November 1
- Springfield/Branson, MO from October 31
- Youngstown, OH from October 30
The airline will base an additional two McDonnell Douglas MD-80 aircraft at Punta Gorda to operate these routes.