For those of you wanting to see or fly on Lufthansa’s new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner fleet, the airline is adding five more destinations to be served by the type this summer.
The airline received the first example in October 2022 and, after a short stint flying domestic sectors, began serving the Frankfurt to Newark route.
Now, Lufthansa is adding more destinations in North America. The routes are:
- Frankfurt – Detroit – 13 February.
- Frankfurt – Dallas/Fort Worth – 6x weekly from 26 March.
- Frankfurt – Montreal – 4x weekly from 26 March; daily from 1 May.
- Frankfurt – Denver – daily from early May.
- Frankfurt – Austin – 3x weekly from early May.
Currently, Lufthansa operates three Boeing 787-9s. Two additional aircraft will be delivered shortly. The Boeing 787-9 offers passengers a much improved travel experience. The cabin is very quiet and depending on the time of day, is well lit by an innovative lighting system. The higher entrance area gives a pleasant feeling of more space and the large windows offer the opportunity for better viewing or can be dimmed at the touch of a button. Business Class guests enjoy improved seating with, among other things, direct aisle access.