Today I’m really excited to announce a brand new book from AirportSpotting – World Airports Spotting Guides (2nd Edition) – written to help you make the most of planning and undertaking a spotting trips all over the world!
This is a perfect reference guide wherever your spotting takes you, and it’s been brought right up to date.
Looking for the world’s best plane spotting locations? Here they all are in one book!
Going on a spotting trip without making proper plans could lead to disappointment, getting in trouble for trespassing, or missing out on the best places to watch and photograph aircraft.
That is what this book is all about. It has been completely revised and updated from the previous edition released five years ago.
Inside this handy guide you’ll find spotting details for over 330 airports in 77 countries. Let Matt Falcus, who brings your Airport Spotting Blog, guide you through the best places to watch aircraft at each airport to help you decide the best plans for your trip.
Matt has included maps for all principal airports in each country, with spotting locations marked, and descriptions of how to get to each one, and what kind of view you’ll have.
You’ll also find out interesting information about the airport, like which airlines you’re likely to see, the layout of runways and terminals and how busy it is.
It also looks at the best spotting hotels at each main airport.
Here’s a look inside.
World Airports Spotting Guides includes the following:
- Completely revised and expanded. The first new edition of this book since 2015. We added loads more content and airports, and updated all of the ones previously included.
- Top tips on spotting. Whether you’re a photographer or registration spotter, you’ll find the best locations to spot at each airport, with handy maps and descriptions of what you can expect to see.
- All of the information you need about the hundreds of airports listed, including tips on what you’ll see, and where the best airport hotels are.
World Airports Spotting Guides (2nd Edition) will be released on 28th April 2020. Anyone pre-ordering will be first in line to receive their copy straight from the publisher – a long time before it’s available on Amazon or in stores.
Order your copy of World Airports Spotting Guides today for just £19.99.
But Wait, There’s More… Prizes!
As a thank you for pre-ordering and supporting this website, we’ll be entering everyone who pre-orders the book into a prize competition to WIN one of the following:
Prize #1 – A £100 voucher to use at with over 300 airlines! Use it on your next spotting trip. Wherever you live, you will find an airline which is included, so you can fly from your nearest airport.
Prize #2 – An Aviation Tag made from the fuselage of former KLM Boeing 747-400 PH-BFR. Celebrate the recent retirement of KLM’s 747s by owning this piece of history.
Prize #3 – A Year’s Subscription to Airports of the World magazine from Key Publishing.
Prize #4 – A 1:400 GeminiJets model of the amazing Hawaiian Airlines Airbus A321neo
The best plane spotting guide book ever written
I’m really proud of this book and have been looking forward to its release for a long time. I know it will be really useful to aviation enthusiasts all around the world when spotting at airports.
For just £19.99 you’re getting a handy guide on 335 World airports which you can use to plan before you go, and take along with you for information on the road.
This is an update on the previous World Airports Spotting Guides book, and complements our other guides on Europe, Asia, the USA and UK & Ireland. These books have always have really great feedback, and proven very popular, but I always try to make the next one even better.
So I’m sure you’re going to love this one and can’t wait for you to get your hands on a copy.
If you’re looking for a complete guide to plane spotting around the world, grab your copy direct from this link and you’ll be one of the first to receive it.
The book will eventually be available from Amazon and specialist aviation stores. But you’ll miss out on our PRE-ORDER COMPETITION by waiting.
Terms & Conditions
1. No purchase is necessary to enter this prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to those aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 27 April 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter. Only one entry per person.
4. Receive one entry for a purchase of a copy of World Airports Spotting Guides (2nd Edition) from this link:
To enter for free, send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address before the closing date.
5. All entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 4 May 2020. The first entry drawn will be the winner of the flight gift card. The second entry drawn will be the winner of the copy of Aviation Tag. The third entry drawn will be the winner of a 12 month subscription to Airports of the World magazine. The fourth entry drawn will be the GeminiJets model.
6. The flight gift card prize is for a £100 voucher to redeem against any flight and associated costs through the Flight Gift website https://www.flightgift.com/. The winner is responsible for paying all additional fees, taxes and travel costs in association with using this prize.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified via email by 6 May 2020. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
9. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
10. The winners agree to their name being used to notify others of the prize draw results.
11. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms they will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
12. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
13. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is Destinworld Publishing Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees TS16 9BJ, UK.
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.